Monday, May 15, 2017

Shave of the Day - 5/15


Nivea Men Face Wash
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Jayaruh #168  (first shave)
Rockwell 6C  (first shave)
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
CWR, Asma Alum Block
Thayer's Lemon WH
Aqua Velva Musk AS

This was my first shave with the JR#168 and the Rockwell 6C, and I must say that neither was a disappointment. The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #168 Synthetic brush. Using the #4 plate (moderate), I did the first pass with the Rockwell 6C razor and Rockwell Swedish Stainless blade. Then I flipped the plate over to #2 (mild) for the second pass, and I ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... It was a very successful first shave. The Rockwell 6C is a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment