Sunday, January 7, 2018

Shave of the Day - 1/7


Proraso Pre Shave
Colgate Mug
Jayaruh #144
Gem Jr. 1902 Lather Catcher
Henckels wedge
CWR
Thayer's Lemon WH
Barbasol AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Colgate Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 badger brush. I am using the ER wooden handle on my Gem. I did two passes with the Gem Jr. 1902 Lather Catcher Razor with a Henckels wedge blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. (I am calling my Gem Jr. a 1902 now based on my "research")

First of all, this was the first shave with the ER handle. It is quite small, but it seems to be just the right size for the lather catcher. It is about 25% smaller than the handles I made earlier. This blade is very smooth. It is basically a straight on a stick. I got the angle the first time, and the shave was perfect with no nicks, cuts, or irritation. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

After my clean up, I loaded the blade in the Allegro blade sharpener and about 12 back and forths on the sharpening side and 25 on the leather side. Then, I loaded the blade in the Heljestrand razor for tomorrow's shave.

No comments:

Post a Comment